THE FOUNDATION WAS LAUNCHED IN 2002 AS PART OF THE 150TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE OPENING OF VICTORIA COLLEGE.
It was created to support the ever-changing needs of school life and to help sustain the long-held tradition of providing quality education for all. It plays a vital role in fundraising for capital projects that allow the school to continue to expand and enhance its facilities to meet the needs of our boys, the school and education in general. Since December 2020, the Foundation was re-formed as a Jersey limited company and included on the Jersey Charities Register (No 412).
The main objectives of the Foundation are to:
- Widen access to the education offered by Victoria College, through the provision of bursaries; and
- Advance the education of students at Victoria College by providing financial support for the enhancement of the educational and developmental experience on offer to its students.
Money raised via alumni events and other fund-raising programmes, such as our Foundation Partner initiative, generates funding to facilitate the Foundation's main objectives.
Donate to the Victoria College Foundation
There are various ways you can make a donation to the Victoria College Foundation:
- Make an online donation: https://sportsgiving.co.uk/donate/victoria-college-foundation.
- If you would like to make a donation by bank transfer, please email email@example.com for details.
- Include a donation to the Victoria College Foundation in your Will. If you would like to enquire about this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send a cheque payable to 'Victoria College Foundation' to Victoria College Foundation, Mont Millais, St Helier, Jersey JE1 4HT.
Become a Foundation Partner
Being a Foundation Partner of Victoria College creates a strong bond between the school and your organisation. The support provided by Foundation Partners is invaluable to both students and the school as a whole.
Foundation Partners are welcome to decide their level of support to the school, should it be offering bursary support for one or multiple students, or one off donations.
Importantly, our Foundation Partners also contribute their time and expertise to our student's career development by taking part in our Careers Fairs, Careers Speed Networking event, mock job interviews and more. The Foundation Partnership agreement is an annual contract, which will allow the Foundation Partner access to our Graduate K.I.T contact database of recently graduated students.
Our students pride themselves on not only being academically successful, but also well rounded young gentlemen who would be an asset to any organisation, as they build these careers after leaving school
The Patrons of the Foundation are:
His Excellency Air Chief Marshal Sir Stephen Dalton GCB, LLD(Hon), DSc(Hon), BSc, FRAeS, CCMI and The Bailiff of Jersey, Mr Timothy Le Cocq QC.
Please refer to the Privacy Notice.
Our Foundation Partners contribute financially via a suggested sponsorship of £7,000 (renewable annually), which is approximately the cost of a year's school fees. These much valued funds go towards funding bursaries (we currently support 53 boys on a range of full to partial bursaries), enhancing our facilities, supporting our students and staff with additional equipment or activities that enhance their learning (when not covered by our school's budget) and maintaining the Old Victorian alumni network.
In working closely with the school and becoming an integral part of school life, our Foundation Partners are not only contributing to Victoria College, they are vital investors in the education of Jersey's young people and in the future of the island's workforce and talent.